MP visit to CIL Serbia
MPs Biljana Jakovljevic and Milica Dacic More...
BIDF WG Coordinator Meeting
Another WG meeting was held More...
ZOOM Round table
CIL Serbia organised online Round table More...
CIL Kragujevac organised round table on accessibility More...
Workshop on poverty
CIL Leskovac organised workshop More...
Center for Independent Living Serbia was founded in 1996 on cross-disability principle.
Today the Center acts from the nucleus in Belgrade and ten branch-offices in other towns of Serbia, working on promoting the philosophy of independent living of persons with disabilities and creating conditions for its implementation in Serbia. Accordingly, the mission defined at the beginning, has been conducted via work on the goals which include:
- Advocacy for creating basic civil and human rights of persons with disabilities
- Promoting social approach to disability in all the segments of social life
- Affirming abilities of persons with disabilities, the development of their potentials and personality
- Testing and promoting new services for the support of persons with disabilities - Personal Assistance Service
- Awareness raising on the need for creating the accessible environment, including housing and transportation
- Working on the double discrimination reduction and promotion of the rights of women with disabilities