Liberty in Focus on 7th Independent Living Day
This year’s European Independent Living Day is a day like no other More...
PA service contiues
Despite the state of emergency PA service More...
New EU COVID-19 response brings no guarantees for social services
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis More...
Living Independently during COVID-19 Pandemic: Spain
ENIL - Spain is among the countries most affected by the corona virus (COVID-19) More...
EU invisible on social emergency of COVID-19
Day-to-day developments across Europe show that More...
Center for Independent Living Serbia was founded in 1996 on cross-disability principle.
Today the Center acts from the nucleus in Belgrade and ten branch-offices in other towns of Serbia, working on promoting the philosophy of independent living of persons with disabilities and creating conditions for its implementation in Serbia. Accordingly, the mission defined at the beginning, has been conducted via work on the goals which include:
- Advocacy for creating basic civil and human rights of persons with disabilities
- Promoting social approach to disability in all the segments of social life
- Affirming abilities of persons with disabilities, the development of their potentials and personality
- Testing and promoting new services for the support of persons with disabilities - Personal Assistance Service
- Awareness raising on the need for creating the accessible environment, including housing and transportation
- Working on the double discrimination reduction and promotion of the rights of women with disabilities